Available Starting September 2021
A&K's SP2000T is the ingenious new solution to finding YOUR ideal sound at home and one the go. SP2000T combines the OP AMP confirugation of the SP2000, the culmination of Astell&Kern's finest audio engineering technology, and adds a nostalgic vaccum tube amp for a vintage feel and sound.
SP2000T stays true to our philosophy of delivering the original audio experience without compromise, for the first time you'll have access to enhanced amp technology that allows you to select your preferred sound profile and take acoustics to a new level!
The "T" does not stand for a specific word, but rather encompasses design approaches and directions made during the development process!
SP2000T exceeds the standard approach to amplification by giving you a selection of options suitable to the music your lsitening to.
With TUBE Mode utilizing a dual-triode KORG Nu-Tube, OP AMP mode utilizing A&K's TERATON Alpha technology and Hybrid mode you can switch between the uniquely warm musical TUBE sound, the extreme clarity and dynamics of OP AMP mode or enjoy enhanced clarity, resolution and musical detail with HYBRID Mode. Brand new to Digital Audio Plyaers, SP2000T's Hybrid mode offers five individual options within itself mixed and matched with optimal ratio's of OP AMP and TUBE AMP to present you with a new perspective and choice for perfecting sound characteristics.
The SP2000T TUBE and HYBRID Modes supports all output-types, 2.5mm balanced, 3.5mm single ended and 4.4mm balanced, with no restriction on the type of plug utilized. Allowing you to enjoy the unique characteristics of this circuit with a wider variety of existing headphones in your collection!
SP2000T features a special design tailore made to minimize tube microphonics. Multiple design iterations and verifications have been performed over a long period of time to ensure that any and all strucrual issues were addressed. In the end to minization mechanical vibrations both sides of the KORG Nu-Tubes are fixed with a flexible silicone cover and a modularized mount that is physicaly seperate from the PCB board. Plus to further reduce the possibility of noise a structure was devised to use magnetic forces to float the amp in the air.
Additionally A&K SP2000T has a hyper-pure silver plated sheild can to protect the audio block from noise and electromagnetic interference during operation. Creating perfect sheilding that provides excellent audio performance.
SP2000T comes equipped with four ESS Sabre ES9068AS DACs with two DACs per channel for dedicated deocding, allowing SP20000T to achieve a more deatiled and balanced sound with greater depth and spatial realism.
BT Sync function connects SP20000T to an external device via bluetooth allowing for high-quality playback. You can also use AK File Drop for quick and easy wireless file transfers with a PC, Smartphone or FTP program located on the same network. Finally dual-band wifi support (2.4/5 Ghz a/b/g/n/ac) allows users to enjoy streaming services with enhanced network performance and stronger more reliable network reception!
• Body Material & Color: Onyx Black Aluminum
• 5" 1280x1080 FHD Touch Display
• Octa-Core CPU
• USB Type C for Charging and PC (Windows 7,8,10)/MAC (MAC OS X 10.7 and up) interface
• Dimensions of 3.07"[W] x 5.55"[L] x .68"(17.5mm)[H]
• Supports up to 384kHZ 32-bit PCM and DSD512(1bit 22.4Mhz) Stereo
• Includes Unbalanced 3.5mm Out and 3.5mm Optical Digital Output, Balanced Out (supports 2.5mm 4pole / 4.4mm 5pole)
• Weighs only 10.89 ounces
• 256GB [NAND} internal storage with microSD Card support up to 1TB
• 4,200mAh Battery with up to 9hours playback time
• ESS ES9068AS x4 (Quad-DAC)
• Frequancy Response (Condition 20Hz~20kHz): +/- 0.024dB Unbalanced, +/- 0.038 Balanced
• Single to Noise Ratio @1kHz: 121dB Unbalanced / 123dB Balanced
• Crosstalk @1kHz: -137dB Unbalanced / -142 Balanced
• THD+N @1kHz: 0.0003% Balanced or Unbalanced
• Output Impedance: 1.5ohm 3.5mm Unbalanced / 1.0ohm 2.5mm Balanced
• Clock Jitter: 25ps(typ)
• Reference Clock Jitter: 70ps
• KORG Nutube 6P1 Vaccum Tube
• Output Level (Condition No Load): 3.0Vrms unbalanced / 6.0Vrms Balanced