This superb hi-res USB DAC/headphone amp delivers a level of specification and performance that punches above its super-affordable price tag. Compact enough to use as a USB DAC/amp on your work desk with your much-loved headphones. Stylish enough to use in your home system as a USB DAC. Just add your favourite active speakers or amp.
The ZEN DAC supports PCM and DXD to 32-bit/384kHz, DSD256 and MQA. DSD remains ‘bit-perfect’ thanks to the True Native Burr Brown chip design. Our R&D maxes out the circuitry with bespoke, easy to install firmware to bring you the joyous musicality of hi-res. The ethereal music quality will leave you grinning ear to ear.
We’ve used a balanced design for the analogue stage – rare and not found at this price point. This makes it pretty special for the best sound quality. With super-low noise performance, it will remain quiet even in noisy situations such as yachts or RVs. The ZEN DAC sports Pentaconn 4.4mm balanced outputs at both the front and back. On the front, there’s also the popular 6.3mm headphone socket. You get both headphone options.
Switch effortlessly between ‘variable’ and ‘fixed’. Set to ‘Variable,’ use the ZEN DAC as a pre-amp to feed a power amp or active speakers. On ‘Fixed’ to bypass the volume control. Connect to an external pre-amp or integrated amp. The headphone amp output has PowerMatch – switchable gain to perfectly match your headphones. IEMs are high-sensitivity, Leave PowerMatch at its lower setting for hiss-free listening. On/over-ear types with relatively low impedance require more oomph – press PowerMatch to increase the level of drive.
The ZEN DAC boasts TrueBass. This proprietary tech is a switchable ‘bass boost’ operating in the analogue domain. There’s no DSP with iFi gear. TrueBass enhances the bass but does not muddy the mid-range. Perfect for use with IEMs or open-back headphones which often lose out on bass. So, in the words of the great Eric Clapton and from the film Back to the Future, Heaven is One Step Away.
• iFi ZEN Dac
• USB-C to USB-A Audio Cable
• RCA Stereo Interconnects
• 3.5mm to 1/4"(~6.3mm) adapter
• 12 month factory warrantyInput / Output
• USB 3.0 (2.0 Compatible) with MQA Support
• PCM sampling frequency up to 384kHz
• DSD Sampling of 2.8/3.1/5.6/6.2/11.2/12.4MHz
• Balanced 4.4mm Pentaconn out 2V / 6.2V max.(variable) 4.2V fixed
• Single Ended Stereo RCA 1V / 3.3V max. (variable) 2.1V fixed
• Bit-Perfect DSD & DXD DAC by Burr Brown with MQA Support
• SNR: -116dB(A) @0dBFS / THD+N @ 0.0015% Line OUT
• Dynamic Range: -116dB(A)
• Power Consumption: 1.5W via USB
• Output Power (@1% THD): 4.4m Out = 330mW@32ohms / 6.6V@600ohms & 6.3mm SE Out = 230mW@32ohms / 3.3v@600ohms
• Weight 1.8lbs / Dimensions (W)6.2" x (L)4.6" x (H)1.4"Compatible Operating Systems
• iOS & Mac via Apple Lightening to USB Camera Adapter
• Windows via USB or Android via USB OTG Cable