$1,250.00 $1,425.00 You Save 12% ( $175.00)
The STAX L700 is an excellent headphone, featuring driver design very similar to the SR-009 for a punchier bass response than most electrostats. The L700 has a nicely balanced overall sound and scales well with amplification, some users even pairing it with our Blue Hawaii SE!
As in the SR-009, strictly selected thin-film diaphragm as well as fixed electrodes machined through three-layer stainless etching using heat diffusion has also been employed for the SR-L700. Thus rich deep bass-response, delicate high-frequency and soothing mid-range have been realized in a balanced manner.
The arc assembly of the SR-L700 is equipped with 10-click slider mechanism for head-pad height adjustment. Once adjusted, the slid- er always maintains its optimal position to make its readjustment unnecessary. This enables you to enjoy hours of pleasant listening to music with optimal wear comfort.
Valuable 6N high-purity annealed copper wires are employed for the core wires, and six silver-plated annealed copper wires are arranged for the perimeter. The whole cable uses the conventional wide parallel structure to lower the capacitance between each wire strand. This further improves the “freshness of sound”.
The new-structure and breath-ability of the genuine leather (sheepskin) ear pad contributes not only to improve the wear feeling through its pliability to the head, but also to enhance the “freshness of sound” and “the grace of sound.”
● Type: push-pull electrostatic, oval sound element, rear open-air type enclosure
● Frequency response: 7 – 41,000Hz
● Electrostatic capacitance: 110pF (including attached cable)
● Impedance: 145kΩ (including attached cable, at 10kHz)
● Sound pressure sensitivity: 101dB / input 100Vr.m.s. / 1kHz
● Maximum sound pressure level: 118dB / 400Hz
● Bias voltage: 580V DC
● Ear pad: real sheep’s leather (skin-touching portion), high-class artificial leather (surrounding portion)
● Cable: parallel 6-strand, 2.5m full length, low-capacity special wide cable
● Cable conductor: 6N (99.9999%) annealed OFC with silver coating
● Weight: 496g (including attached cable), 360g (without cable)
STAX produce exclusively electrostatic headphones, or “earspeakers” as they call them, in Japan, since 1938. STAX chose the electrostatic technology for its ability to produce transparent sound, and low weight for comfort/ergonomics, both due to the driver design not employing fixed magnets and moving coils, as opposed to other common headphone driver designs. The minimal weight of the driver ensures a very quick response to the signal, creating a more faithful sound reproduction.