Original low-noise dual FET at first stage as well as all-stage direct coupling class-A DC amplifier configuration with no coupling capacitor has realized natural tone quality with much amount of information.
Further improved emitter follower at output stage has enabled wide-range reproduction resulting in both the extended dynamic range at high frequency and the improved tone quality.
In addition to RCA input terminal, XLR balanced input terminal is provided to connect to wide range of audio equipment.
Custom-made 2-axis 4-gang volume controller is employed.
Extravagant non-magnetic aluminum alloy chassis of STAX tradition is adopted.
Components with little aging characteristics are selected carefully in consideration of tone quality and performance.
● Frequency response: DC – 90kHz (when used with one SR-L series Earspeaker)
● Rated input level: 100mV (at 100V output)
● Gain: 60dB
● Harmonic distortion: 0.01% or less (with one SR-L500 at 100Vr.m.s. / 1kHz output)
● Input impedance: 50kΩ(RCA) / 50kΩx 2 (XLR)
● Input terminal: RCA x 1 or XLR x 1 (alternative)
● Maximum output voltage: 400Vr.m.s. / 1kHz
● Standard bias voltage: DC580V
● Mains voltage: 110-120V
● Power consumption:30W
● Operating temperature / humidity:0 to 35 degrees C / less than 90% (non condensing)
● Others: input-bypassing parallel output (RCA)
● Dimension: 150 (W) x100 (H) x360 (D) mm (protruding portion included)
● Weight: 3.0kg
STAX produce exclusively electrostatic headphones, or “earspeakers” as they call them, in Japan, since 1938. STAX chose the electrostatic technology for its ability to produce transparent sound, and low weight for comfort/ergonomics, both due to the driver design not employing fixed magnets and moving coils, as opposed to other common headphone driver designs. The minimal weight of the driver ensures a very quick response to the signal, creating a more faithful sound reproduction.