In commemoration of the 80th anniversary of STAX foundation, the long-awaited black-finish version of well-reputed, high-quality model SRM-353X driver unit is launched. (300 units limited sale)
● All-stage direct-coupling class-A DC amplifier configuration with no coupling-capacitor and with original low noise dual FET for the first stage. Natural tone quality with much amount of sound information has been realized.
● Brushed-up emitter follower has been adopted for the output stage. The wide range design realized the expansion of dynamic range at high frequency and further improvement of sound quality.
● In addition to RCA input, XLR balanced input is provided. The connection possibility to other equipments has been widened.
● Custom-made 2-axis 4-gang volume controller is employed.
● STAX traditional extravagant non-magnetic aluminum alloy chassis was adopted.
● Only carefully selected parts with little aging are used in consideration of tone quality and performance.
● The gold nameplate is equipped as the proof of the 80th anniversary Limited model of STAX.
● High-grade "HiFC" RCA interconnect cable is attached.
This special, one-off version of Stax' best value amplifier is a great pairing for the new L300 Limited Edition. Don't miss your chance to own this limited combination.
STAX produce exclusively electrostatic headphones, or “earspeakers” as they call them, in Japan, since 1938. STAX chose the electrostatic technology for its ability to produce transparent sound, and low weight for comfort/ergonomics, both due to the driver design not employing fixed magnets and moving coils, as opposed to other common headphone driver designs. The minimal weight of the driver ensures a very quick response to the signal, creating a more faithful sound reproduction.