The iFi Hip-dac, mini DAC/headphone amplifier, is built to go with you wherever you go. Built for everything from working with your MacBook in Starbucks, running in the fresh morning air and even snoozing with your smart device on a flight. Hip-dac provides improved music on the move with great looks and fabulous sound.
Hip-dac is the perfect companion for music lovers on the go. Not only will its hi-res specs make your tunes sound fabulous, but its hot, on-trend styling will make them look pretty amazing too. Smartly dressed in petrol blue with a touch of copper, the go-anywhere hip-dac was designed to slip discreetly into your pocket BUT its cool look might mean you want to keep it on display.
This miniature DAC/headphone amplifier replaces the inferior DAC and amp in your smart device, PC or Mac. Simply connect the hip-dac via USB, insert headphones and away you go. Relax with your favourite music streamer, Spotify, Apple Music or Tidal as the hip-dac delivers a sound brimming with bold dynamism and fluid refinement. Thanks to the Burr Brown chip, audio remains ‘bit-perfect’. Music, just as it should be. The hip-dac supports hi-res PCM up to 384kHz as well as DSD256 and MQA as used by Tidal’s ‘HiFi’ tier and with extensive battery life, you can take it out with you all day. The hip-dac can join you at the gym first thing, take you out for lunch and keep your feet a tapping on your journey home.
Balanced audio circuits mean less unwanted noise an so hip-dac boasts a balanced, analogue stage to bring you the best musicality for miles around. It sports a 4.4mm balanced output for balanced headphone cables/connectors. For those ‘hissy’ IEMs, use the 3.5mm S-Balanced. Enjoy all the benefits of balanced from your single-ended connection. Additionally the small but mighty hip-dac sports PowerMatch – switchable gain. Even on the go, adjust input sensitivity to match the level of drive to the load of your headphones. Leave it off for those those ‘out and about’ IEMs and pop it on for on/over-ear types with relatively low impedance that require more oomph.
• iFi Hip-dac
• 6.5" USB-A Male to USB-C cable
• 4.75" Female USB-A to USB-C
• 12.5" USB 3.0 Type-A Female to USB-A Male
• User-manual and 12 month warrantyInput / Output
• USB 3.0 type ’A’
• High-Speed Asynchronous USB 2.0, (32bit/384kHz)
• Balanced Pentaconn 4.4mm & S-Bal (SE) 3.5mmCompatible Operating Systems
• Android via USB OTG Cable with iOS & Mac via Apple Lightening to USB Camera Adapter
• Windows via USB
• Burr-Brown True Native® with MQA Support
• DSD256/128/64, Octa/Quad/Double/Single-Speed DSD
• Power Output into 32ohms @1% THD: BAL: 400mW S-BAL(SE): 280mW
• Power Output into 600ohms @1% THD: BAL: 6.3V / S-BAL (SE): 3.2V
• Battery: Lithium-polymer 2200mAh
• Power System: Charging via USB-C, BC V1.2 compliant up to 1000mA charging current
• Dimensions: 4"(L) x 2.75"(W) x .5"(H)
• Weight: 125 g