The Pro iCAN is a top-of-the-line, headphone amplifier that is capable of driving anything and everything – from the most sensitive CIEMS through to the most difficult to drive headphone ever made, the AKG K-1000 with outpower of up to 14,000 mW! Gain is adjustable from 0dB/9dB/18dB and Pro iCan offers output more than 10V in Single-Ended mode and 20V in Balanced-mode. The 20V mode is equivalent 100W into a 40 Ohm speaker! You can also pair your Pro iCan to iFi Audio’s Pro iESL thru the dedicated ESL-Link port on the back to have a world class Electrostatic Headphone Amplifier solution!
What seperates Pro iCan from "balanced" amplifiers is that it operates with full-differential internal signaling, meaning the signal is always remains two separate signals of equal level but opposite polarity. The Pro iCAN circuit is fully-balanced with completely equal circuit sections for Positive (Hot) and Negative (Cold) signal phase of each channel. The Volume control has 6- Decks, two decks each control the volume of one channel, and the other two decks are used for monitoring the volume control operation. This exceptional volume control potentiometer is custom made for iFi by ALPS Japan and has no parallel from other makers.
Pro iCAN will rock your headphones/speakers like no other. Fully balanced differential operation equals exceptional quality – minimal interference and reduced crosstalk resulting in a sound that is cleaner, deeper and more dynamic. An the S-Balanced (single-ended compatible balanced) 3.5mm headphone output delivers the benefits of the balanced connection to single-ended headphones.
Pro iCan offers analouge bass correction and their 3D Holographic dual-analogue matricies to allow you to tweak your system to find your sound. Additionally Pro iCan offers both solid state and tube options with two distinct tube operation modes Tube and Tube+. Tube+ reduces overall loop-gain and thus negative feedback to the minimum. This gives a different trade-off between the tube’s natural harmonics and the transient performance.
• iFi DC Power Supply Input
• RCA Stereo Interconnects
• Remote Control
• Quad-Damped Isolation Base Mount
• 12 month factory warrantyInput / Output
• Dual 3 Pin XLR Balanced Line Stage Input
• Three Singled Ended RCA Stereo Pairs
• Dual 3 Pin XLR Pre-Amp Out
• Dual 3 Pin XLR Balanced Headphone Out
• Dual 6.3mm iFi SEC Balanced Out
• XLR 4 Pin Balanced Headphone Out
• 3.5mm Single Ended Out with built in iEMatch
• 3.5mm TRRS Balanced Out with built in iEMatch
• Optional Gain Stage: 0dB(Default) 9dB/18dB.
• SNR: 147dB(A) Balanced / 137dB(A) Single-Ended
• Total Harmonic Distortion (THD, Balanced/Single-Ended) Solid-State: ≤0.0025% / ≤0.005%
• Total Harmonic Distortion (THD, Balanced/Single-Ended) Tube: ≤0.0025% / ≤0.007%
• Total Harmonic Distortion (THD, Balanced/Single-Ended) Tube+: ≤0.0025% / ≤0.07%
• Output Power (16Ω, Balanced/Single-Ended): 14,000mW/4,800mW
• Output Voltage (600Ω, Balanced/Single-Ended): >23V / >11.5V
• Frequency Response: .5 to 500kHz(-3dB)
• Power Consumption: 22W idle / 50W max
• Dimensions 8.39"(L) x 7.58"(W) x 2.5"(H)
• Weight 4.3 lbs