Whether listening at home with your speakers or at work with your headphones, connect the micro iDSD signature to your computer and instantly hear the quality of your music be taken to the next level. Sporting a Space Blue finish and powered by a built-in rechargeable battery, the micro iDSD Signature is ready for anything that the universe throws at it.
Based around two Burr-Brown DAC chips in a custom ‘interleaved’ configuration, the digital engine has four pairs of differential signals – two pairs per channel. This means:
The micro iDSD Signature handles up to PCM 768, DSD 512, 2xDXD and MQA all done natively. Both PCM and DSD remain ‘bit-perfect.’
The micro iDSD Signature features two digital audio inputs – USB Type-A and an S/PDIF socket that accepts both electrical, via a 3.5mm connector, and optical signals – adapter supplied. It also houses a pair of RCA analogue outputs to connect to a pair of powered speakers or a power amp to act as a DAC. There is a 6.3mm output for headphones that have a standard single-ended connector (headphones with a 3.5mm jack can be connected using an adapter) and a 4.4mm Pentaconn output for headphones offering our S-Balanced connection. Both headphone outputs utilise our ‘S-Balanced’ output circuitry. This delivers the sonic benefits of balanced connections with all headphone/earphone types – even those with single-ended connectors – cutting crosstalk and associated distortion in half.
One size no longer fits all when it comes to quality listening. The digital stage of the micro iDSD Signature features a variety of filter settings:
Extensive jitter-eradication technologies are applied to the digital engine, including iFi’s GMT (Global Master Timing) femto-precision clock and the intelligent memory buffer. The micro iDSD Signature also comes with iFi’s GTO (Gibbs Transient Optimized) digital filter installed. Exclusive firmware available on iFi Audio’s website means you can change digital filters as you wish.
With up to 4100mW of DirectDrive® power the micro iDSD Signature can drive all manner of headphones with aplomb, from highly sensitive in-ear monitors to current hungry planar headphones. The signal path has been refined to maximise sonic texture. High spec components featuring class-leading qualities such as low ESR (Equivalent Series Resistance), high stability and low distortion mean top-notch sound quality and maximum musical enjoyment. Add in the direct-coupled nature of the circuit – no coupling capacitor is present – and the micro iDSD Signature definitely runs rings around the competition. Plus Battery power means it’s ultra-clean with ultra-stable DC power and avoids the pitfalls of AC mains – dips, spike and noise-inducing RFI/EMI pollution. And with up to 12 hours playing time, depending on the headphones and performance mode engaged, it feels like you could take it to the moon and back.
Finally the amp stage also has three settings to adjust power and gain. As well as ‘Normal’, you get:
Complete this with iFi Audio’s iEMatch technology that adjusts output level and our XBass+ and 3D+ signature sonic tweaks, and the micro iDSD Signature is flexible to the max.
• micro iDSD Signature
• 6" USB-A Male to USB-C cable and 40" USB extension cable
• USB adapter Type-B Female to USB-A
• Toslink Female to Mini Optical Male adapter
• H3.5mm to 1/4" Headphone adapter & 20" stereo RCA interconnect
• Silicone pad (4.75" x 2.25"), Black velour pouch with drawstring closure and 2 black rubber bands
• User-manual and 12 month warrantyInput / Output
• USB 3.0 type A “OTG” Socket (USB2.0 compatible/with iPurifier® technology built-in)
• DSD Up to DSD512, DXD (768/705.6/384/352.8kHz) Double/Single-Speed DXD, PCM up to 768kHz
• S/PDIF (3.5m coaxial/optical)
• Analog Line Outs: S-Balanced: 4.4mm / SE: 6.3mm/RCA
• Bit-Perfect DSD & DXD, PCM DAC by Dual-core Burr Brown MQA Support
• Line Output @2V: Dynamic Range >117db(A) / THD & N (0dBFS) <0.003%
• Headphone Output Max Power: 4,100 mW @ 16 Ohm Load
• Power(continuous): Turbo >1,560 mW @ 64 Ohm / >166 mW @ 600 Ohm, Normal >100 mW @ 300 Ohm / >950 mW @ 32 Ohm, Eco >250 mW @ 16 Ohm
• Dynamic Range (HP Out): >115dB(A) (Eco Mode, 2V Out)
• THD &N (500mw/16R): < 0.008%
• Battery: Lithium-polymer 4800mAh
• Power System: Charging via USB-C, BC V1.2 compliant up to1500mA charging current
• Weight: 295g / Dimensions: 6.8"(L) x 2.6"(W) x 1.1"(H)Compatible Operating Systems
• Android via USB OTG Cable with iOS & Mac via Apple Lightening to USB Camera Adapter
• Windows via USB or Digital COAXIAL