The L300 is a great introduction to the world of electrostatic sound reproduction, with its trademark detail, openness, and fluidity. The L300 has a balanced presentation that leans a bit toward the midrange. For higher comfort and a warmer tone, try the L500, and for punchier electrostatic bass, check out the L700 and above models.
Tough fixed electrodes machined through stainless photo etching has also been employed for the SR-L300.Thus rich deep bass response, delicate high-frequency and smoothing mid-range have been realized in a balanced manner.
The arc assembly of the SR-L300 is equipped with steeples slider mechanism for head-pad height adjustment.
OFC cable has been employed for the core wires and the whole cable uses special wide parallel structure to lower the capacitance between each wire strand.
The high-quality flexible artificial leather ear pad contributes not only to improve the wear feeling, but also to enhance the”freshness of sound” and “the grace of sound”.
● Type: push-pull electrostatic, oval sound element, rear open-air type enclosure
● Frequency response: 7 – 41,000Hz
● Electrostatic capacitance: 110pF (including attached cable)
● Impedance: 145kΩ (including attached cable, at 10kHz)
● Sound pressure sensitivity: 101dB / input 100Vr.m.s. / 1kHz
● Bias voltage: 580V DC
● Ear pad: high-quality artificial leather
● Cable: parallel 6-strand, 2.5m full length,low-capacity special wide OFC cable
● Weight: 448g(including attached cable),322g(without cable)
STAX produce exclusively electrostatic headphones, or “earspeakers” as they call them, in Japan, since 1938. STAX chose the electrostatic technology for its ability to produce transparent sound, and low weight for comfort/ergonomics, both due to the driver design not employing fixed magnets and moving coils, as opposed to other common headphone driver designs. The minimal weight of the driver ensures a very quick response to the signal, creating a more faithful sound reproduction.