● We’ve taken another look at circuit constants and achieved a higher grade of reproducibility for SACD and other new-generation audio formats.
● Consists of a pure balance amplifier in which the XLR balance input does not have to pass through a transformer, an inversion amplifier, etc.
● Makes use of a simple two-stage amplification structure based on rigorously selected low-noise FET. The load resistance makes use of non-inductive coil resistance manufactured by Dale, thus realizing straightforward properties that take advantage of the features of vacuum tubes and outstanding sound quality with a high level of clarity.
● The output stage is designed to lower impedance by using a rigorously selected high voltage dual triode (6FQ7 type) in parallel connection, which has resulted in an improvement in dynamic range especially in the high frequency.
● The heater power source for the vacuum tube makes use of a power circuit of the DC ignition type using an electrolytic condenser and a high-speed Schottky barrier diode, bringing about further improvements in the SN ratio.
● Makes use of a large-capacity power transformer and capacitor.
● Equipped with one XLR (balance) input system and two RCA (imbalance) input systems, meaning that there is a total of three input systems.
● In the case of the RCA input, switching with the earth side ensures that there is almost no interference between devices.
● Use is made of a high sound quality quadruple volume unit which makes possible XLR input as well as all kinds of line level analog voice inputs.
● The RCA terminal “Input 1” is equipped with parallel output terminals and enables input throughout. Connection with other pre-amplifiers and recording decks, etc., is also possible.
● Vacuum tubes: 6FQ7/6CG7 type x 4
● Frequency response: DC-100 KHz / +0, -1.5 dB SR-007 or SR-404 Signature, when using 1 unit
● Rated input level: 200 mV / 100 V Outputs
● Maximum input level: 30 V r.m.s. / at Minimum volume
● Amplification: 54 dB (x500)
● Total harmonic distortion: 0.01% / 1 KHz, 100 V r.m.s. output SR-007 or SR-404 Signature, when using 1 unit
● Input impedance: 50 KΩ / XLR balance 50KΩ×2
● Number of inputs: RCA×2, XLR×1 (balanced)
● Maximum output voltage: 340 V r.m.s. / 1 KHz
● Standard bias voltage: DC 580 V
● Power voltage: 120V 60 Hz
● Power consumption: 55 W
● Temperature range for use: Between 0º and 35ºC, max. 90% (no condensation)
● External dimensions: 195 (w) x 103 (h) x 420 (d) mm (including VR knob and pin jack (20 + 10)
● Weight: 4.7 Kg
STAX produce exclusively electrostatic headphones, or “earspeakers” as they call them, in Japan, since 1938. STAX chose the electrostatic technology for its ability to produce transparent sound, and low weight for comfort/ergonomics, both due to the driver design not employing fixed magnets and moving coils, as opposed to other common headphone driver designs. The minimal weight of the driver ensures a very quick response to the signal, creating a more faithful sound reproduction.