ALO Audio’s Pilot is an exciting new portable USB-C DAC. Housing the terrific sounding ESS Sabre 9281cPro in a compact enclosure design, Pilot delivers some serious hi-fi in a compact form factor. Pilot supports a full range of high fidelity formats putting the ever expanding universe of high fidelity streaming options all within reach.
Number soup rarely sounds this good an while we’re usually not a fan of part numbers disguised as names, we’ll make an exception for this one. This is a great low power DAC chip that is easily powered from your portable device. It supports PCM up to 384 kHz, DSD up to 5.6MHz, and MQA support. Keeping the Pilot with you gives you a key to unlock high-resolution in whatever device may be near.
The slim design of this potent portable is perfect for enjoying Hi-Fi excellence everywhere. Pilot easily fits into your EDC (every day carry), simply add it to your portable kit and you’ve got a whole new host of hi-fi experiences open to you. Designed to work without cumbersome plug-ins, it makes portable hi-fi easy and something anyone can appreciate.
• Aluminum Enclosure
• USB-C Termination
• 3.5mm Jack with Mic Support
• USB-C to Lightning Adapter IncludedLED Indicator
• Blue = idle or SD audio <= 48kHz
• Red = HD audio > 48kHz
• Magenta = MQA content
• ESS Sabre DAC (9281CPRO with MQA support)
• SNR: 120db
• THD+N @ 0.0006%
• PCM sampling frequency up to 384kHz
• DSD sampling frequency up to 5.6MHz
• MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) Support
• < 2 ohm output impedanceCompatible Operating Systems
• Android / iOS
• Windows 10 / Mac