“Experience the prized performance of the R2R DAC: a rare treat made possible by HIFIMAN”
In 2012, Dr. Fang Bian and his team at HIFIMAN introduced EF6, the legendary desktop DAC/amplifier that delivers gobs of power and a wide, detailed soundstage.
Ten years later, HIFIMAN is proud to introduce a new model, EF 400, that incorporates the best of recently developed technologies, including the company's advanced HIMALAYA R2R DAC. The EF400 is the modern DAC/Amp solution, with a compact footprint and price to match, but with sonics that outperform products many times its size.
The four-channel differential structure features a DAC, buffer, and an active filter. These combined functions add up to an unbeatable fully balanced output, giving you stunning performance, all from a class AB DAC/amplifier. The four-channel fully differential amplifier circuit features a maximum output of 10.7 Vrms (THD<1%) on a 36ohms resistor equivalent load. The result: fully balanced output that is beyond compare.
• USB-C & USB-B male digital input
• 1/4" & 3.5mm, single-ended headphone out
• 4.4mm Pentaconn & XLR 4-pin balanced out
• 4-level Function Switch: High Gain NOS, High Gain OS, Low Gain OS, Low Gain NOS
• Dual 3-pin XLR line level balanced output & single-ended RCA line level output
• Signal-to-noise Ratio: 118+/-3dB (A Weighted)
• THD+N (Line Out): ~0.003%
• Channel Separation: 125+/-3dB
• Maximum Power Output: 4.4Wpc
• Dimensions: (L)9.7" x (W)9" x (H)2.4"
• Weight: ~6.8lbs