Built for purists who crave pure, unadulterated sonic performance, iDSD Diablo is iFi Audio's top of the line transportable DAC/Amp designed to deliver reference level sound with up to 5W of fully balanced output power.
Utilizing two Burr-Brown DAC chips and the new 16-core XMOS chip to process the data received via the USB and S/PDIF digital inputs iDSD Diablo can handle up to PCM 768, DSD 512, 2xDXD with both PCM and DSD remain ‘bit-perfect’. It also provides full MQA decoding with support for Tidal, Roon and Audirvana. With MQA now available over S/PDIF you can also take advantage of any MQA CDs in your collection.
Balanced, differential analogue circuit design reduces noise and cross-talk within the signal path by fully separating the left and right channels. The iDSD Diablo benefits from further refinements to our balanced, symmetrical dual-mono topologies with short, direct signal paths. Additionally the iFi team of engineers recognised that different parts of a circuit benefit from specifically optimised feedback loops and have developed a negative feedback system that is much more accurate than the usual approach. This incorporates multiple feedback paths instead of a global loop, each path optimised for a particular function and working synergistically with the others to deliver optimal overall performance. Creating an amp stage able to drive all manner of headphones with ease, the iDSD Diablo delivers up to 5000mW of prodigious power, propulsive energy and engaging dynamics, coupled with a remarkable ability to resolve fine texture and detail. With 3 settings, you can adjust power and gain to suit your daily driver or track day supercar!
At the front of the unit, alongside a standard 6.3mm single-ended headphone socket, resides a 4.4mm Pentaconn output for headphones supporting balanced connection. At the back are two digital audio inputs: USB-A and a S/PDIF socket that accepts both electrical and optical signals, the former via a 3.5mm connector and the latter via a supplied adapter. The USB-A input features a ‘male’ connector, rather than a typical ‘female’ port for greater mechanical integrity. A separate USB-C charging port is also provided, along with a 4.4mm Pentaconn balanced output to connect to an external amp.
• Noise-Cancelling iPower 5V AC/DC Adapter
• 15cm USB-C to USB-A Audio Cable
• 4.4mm Pentaconn to TWIN XLR 3-pin Balanced Interconnect
• USB-C Charging Cable
• 3.5mm to 1/4"(~6.3mm) adapter
• USB A Female to A Male Extension Cable
• iTraveller Carrying CaseTechnologies
• XMOS 16-Core Chip
• PureWave - Symmetrical Balanced Dual-Mono Direct Drive
• Directly-Coupled Circuit with no coupling capacitor
• OptimaLoop - Multiple Feedback Paths instead of a Global Loop
• Native DSD/PCM Burr-Brown MultiBit (With MQA support up to 384kHz)
• SNR: -120db Balanced / -114dB SE
• THD+N @ 0.002% Balanced / .001% SE
• PCM sampling frequency up to 768kHz
• DSD512/256/128/64 & DXD 768/705.6/384/352.8kHz
• Full MQA Decoder
• Headphone Output up to 19.2V/611 mW @ 600ohms & ~12.6V/5,000mW @ 32Ohms (Balanced)Compatible Operating Systems
• Android via USB OTG Cable
• iOS & Mac via Apple Lightening to USB Camera Adapter
• Windows via USB or Digital COAXIAL