Presenting the iDSD Neo a new wave of digital sound from iFi Audio equipped with the latest high fidelity bluetooth audio technology & full MQA decoding via USB or Coaxial MQA CD all powered by iFi Audio's cutting edge PureWave balanced topology.
NEO iDSD the latest 3-in-one DAC/amp. With balanced ‘PureWave’ circuitry, unbeatable hi-res Bluetooth5.0 and MQA, it is the ultimate in hi-res playback. You can even place it horizontally or vertically to suit its surroundings. The OLED display flips to match orientation and a single rotary knob controls functionality. Sleek, sophisticated and versatile. Utilizing Burr-Brown DAC chips and the new 16-core XMOS chip to process the data received via the USB and S/PDIF digital inputs iDSD Neo can handle up to PCM 768, DSD 512, 2xDXD with both PCM and DSD remain ‘bit-perfect’. It also provides full MQA decoding with support for Tidal, Roon and Audirvana. With MQA now available over S/PDIF you can also take advantage of any MQA CDs in your collection.
We’ve even souped up the new 16-core, XMOS microcontroller that processes the data via USB and S/PDIF digital inputs with double the clock-speed and four times the memory. Add in jitter eradication including our GMT femto-precision clock, intelligent memory buffer and our GTO filter as standard, and you’ve got one heck of a super DAC.
You can enjoy the NEO iDSD as a pure DAC too, connect it to a separate integrated amp or preamp using the fixed-level analogue output. Or treat it as a DAC/preamp with a variable output the ideal companion to a power amp or active speakers. And headphone users will love using the excellent amp stage to create a fabulous ‘head-fi’ system. The NEO iDSD will enhance your current or next-gen gameplay. Feel more immersed than ever before as sound finally matches picture in spectacular fashion you can also pair it with new the PS4 or Xbox One X for the ultimate gaming experience.
iFi uses Qualcomm’s new QCC5100 Bluetooth processing IC with all current high-definition Bluetooth audio formats are supported – aptx, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive, aptX LL, LDAC, HWA/LHDC, AAC and SBC. NEO iDSD also ‘remembers’ up to 7 devices and has impressive range on Bluetooth5.0.
Not only is the NEO iDSD a purist design – no DSP, no digital filter selection and no change in analogue playback – it is also all designed around a balanced circuit design named ‘PureWave‘. Read more below. It uses audiophile-grade components and delivers sonic ‘purity’ thanks to the extraordinarily low levels of noise and distortion.
The headphone amp stage maintains an engaging balance between sonic power and poise – no matter what it is tasked to drive. From high-sensitivity in-ear monitors to current-hungry planar headphones, it drives them with aplomb.It has a continuous power output of over 1000mW into 32ohms available through the balanced headphone socket. Plenty of oomph for the headphone user.
The NEO iDSD contains top-notch audio components to back-up the outstanding balanced circuit design. Scroll down for more. Even the OLED SilentLine display is engineered to ensure there is no electrical noise to interfere with the audio signal as it switches itself off when not in use. Quality components mean more clarity and texture, a more engaging performance. You just hear more of the music.
• iFi 5V AC/DC Adapter
• USB-C to USB-A Audio Cable and RCA Stereo Interconnects
• Remote Control, Blutooth Antena and Silicon Feet
• Vertical Grip Mount
• 3.5mm to 1/4"(~6.3mm) adapter
• 12 month factory warrantyInput / Output
• USB 3.0 (2.0 Compatible)/ Digital S-PDIF(Coaxial/Optical)
• Blutooth 5.0 (AAC,SBC,aptX,aptX HD, aptX Adaptive, aptX LL, LDAC, LHDC/HWA Codec)
• Balanced XLR 6.3V / 7.7V max.(variable) 4.4V fixed
• Single Ended Stereo RCA 3.2V / 3.9V max. (variable) 2.2V fixed
• PCM sampling frequency up to 768kHz DSD512/256/128/64 & DXD 768/705.6/384/352.8kHz
• 4.4mm Pentacon Balanced & 6.3mm SE Out
• Native DSD/PCM Burr-Brown MultiBit (With MQA support up to 384kHz)
• SNR: -112dB(A) @0dBFS / THD+N @ 0.0015% Line OUT
• Headphone Output - 5.77V(1040mW) @32ohms / 6.4V(68.6mW) @600ohms [Balanced] & 3V(2950mW) @32ohms / 3.3V(17.6mW) @600ohms [Single Ended]
• Headphone Out THD+N: (125mW @32ohms) - 0.0015%
• Dynamic Range: -120dB(A)
• Power Consumption (No Signal) ~0.5W (Max Signal) ~2.5W
• Output Impedance (Headphone Bal/UnBal) <1ohm
• Dimensions 8.4" x 5.7" x (H)1.6" @ / Weight 2.14 lbsCompatible Operating Systems
• iOS & Mac via Apple Lightening to USB Camera Adapter
• Windows via USB or Digital COAXIAL & Android via USB OTG Cable