The ZEN CAN has trickle-down Class A discrete balanced circuitry from iFi audio’s US$1,699 flagship Pro iCAN. With 15.1v @300 Ohms on tap, it has serious power that will make even difficult-to-drive headphones thump to the beat.
Audio recordings are made for speakers and when played back on headphones, the sound is always driving you nuts by being only in your head.
iFi Audio’s 3D special sound circuit solves this:
Behind XBass is our active EQ circuit which meets a common gripe with headphones head-on, a lack of bass. Open-back headphones in particular, let all frequencies (especially those precious bass frequencies that the drivers generate so little of) leak freely out of the back instead of trapping and redirecting them back to your ears. XBass equalisation is a much more elegant solution to bass correction than seen elsewhere. It consists of active and passive components and its frequency response curve corrects their low-end response problems with precision.
• iFi Zen CAN
• iFi iPower DC Power Supply Input
• RCA Stereo Interconnects
• 3.5mm to 1/4" Single Ended Adapter
• User Manual
• 12 month factory warrantyInput / Output
• 4.4mm Pentaconn Balanced Output
• 4.4mm Pentaconn Balanced Input
• Single Ended 3.5mm Input
• Single Ended RCA Stereo Input Pair
• 4.4mm Pentaconn Balanced Headphone Out
• 1/4" Single Ended Headphone Out
• Selectable Gain Stage: 0dB(Default) 6dB/12dB/18dB
• SNR: 120dB(A) Balanced / 118dB(A) Single-Ended
• Total Harmonic Distortion (THD, Balanced/Single-Ended): .0007%(4V out, 600 Ohm, 1kHz))/ 0.006%(@100 mW/1.27V 16 Ohm)
• Max Output Power Balanced: >15.1V/385 mW (@ 600 Ohm) / >11.0V/1890 mW (@ 64 Ohm)
• Max Output Power Single Ended: >7.6V/196 mW (@ 300 Ohm) / >7.2V/1600 mW (@ 32 Ohm)
• Output Impedance BAL/SE: <2 Ohms/<1 Ohms
• Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz (+0dB / -0.03dB)
• Power Consumption: 5W idle / 13W max
• Dimensions 6.3(W)" x 4.6(L)" x 1.4(H)"
• Weight 1.14 lbs