The “ZEN Signature Set HFM” features both the ZEN DAC Signature V2, the upgraded version of the original ZEN DAC Signature, and the new ZEN Can Signature HFM. The ZEN Can Signature HFM has a unique EQ curve that brings out the best in the already outstanding HIFIMAN range of headphones. This set includes a high-performance 4.4mm balanced cable to connect them together. The ZEN Signature Set includes:
When used in tandem via their fully balanced input and output, the two ZEN Signature products make a fantastic desktop-sized headphone system for both digital and analog sources, delivering exceptional performance and versatility at a remarkable price.
The ZEN DAC Signature V2 is a pure DAC and benefits from true-differential balanced circuit design to take performance to the next level. It has upgraded circuit components and short, direct signal paths for optimal signal purity. It delivers bit-perfect PCM (up to 32-bit/384kHz), native DSD (up to DSD256), DXD, and MQA.
There is a pair of RCA sockets for single-ended connection to an amp, plus a Pentaconn 4.4mm output. When connected to an amp or active speakers equipped with a balanced input – either a 4.4mm Pentaconn input, or stereo XLR inputs via a 4.4mm-to-XLR cable – the full benefit of the ZEN DAC Signature V2’s balanced circuit design can be heard.
The ZEN CAN Signature HFM has a specialized, finely tuned EQ curve. Its custom ActivEQ setting combines active and passive components to create a specific EQ curve to suit HIFIMAN planar magnetic headphones. ActivEQ can be switched off to make the most of all headphones and in-ear monitors. The ZEN CAN Signature HFM also employs XSpace. This is an analog processing mode which compensates for the “in-head localization” effect that can occur when listening to tracks mixed using a pair of speakers on headphones.
It features PowerMatch – four gains in six dB steps – 0dB, 6dB, 12dB and 18db. The ZEN CAN Signature HFM boasts symmetrical, dual-mono balanced circuitry. It delivers 1600mW (7.2V) into 32 ohms from the single-ended output, with 15V+ available to loads of 600 ohms or more through the balanced output. It houses stereo RCA and 3.5mm single-ended inputs, plus a 4.4mm balanced input. It has a 6.3mm output for headphones that have a standard single-ended connector and a 4.4mm balanced output for headphones offering a balanced connection.
The iFi 4.4mm to 4.4mm cable employs heavy OFHC continuous cast copper and silver matrix conductors with a total thickness of 14AWG for the best signal transfer. The cable construction is a custom helix design, minimized both in capacitance and inductance, minZ™. It also has intrinsic shielding provided by minZ™ helix construction. They protect the cable from RFI and EMI noise and provide the cleanest transfer medium possible. To further insulate the cable, iFi Audio adopted the RoHS compliant, an excellent dielectric property and super-soft (60P) HD polymer with 1500V AC spark resistance. It has been created to give you maximum quality balanced signal transfer and minimum interference.
• Bit-Perfect DSD & DXD DAC by Burr Brown
• USB 3.0 (2.0 compatible) with MQA support
• PCM sampling frequency up to 384kHz
• DSD sampling of 2.8/3.1/5.6/6.2/11.2/12.4MHz
• SNR: -117dB(A) @0dBFS / THD+N @ 0.0011% Line OUT
• Dynamic Range: -116dB(A)
• Power Consumption (No Signal) ~0.5W (Max Signal) ~2.5W with DC 5V in / 1.5W via USB
• Output Impedance (Line Out Bal/UnBal) 200Ohms / 100Ohms
• Dimensions (W)6.2" x (L)4.6" x (H)1.4" @ / Weight 1.65lbs
• SNR: 122dB(A) Balanced
• Total Harmonic Distortion (Balanced/Single-Ended): 0.0066% (BAL), 0.0058% (SE)
• Max Output Power 16 ohms: 3.0 V / 600 mW (BAL), 4.0 V / 1000 mW (SE)
• Maximum output power 300 ohms: 5.1 V / 756 mW (BAL), 7.6 V / 196 mW (SE)
• Max Output Power 600 0hms: 15.2 V / 385 mW (BAL), 7.6 V / 98 mW (SE)
• Output Impedance BAL/SE: <2 Ohms/<1 Ohms
• Frequency Response:(-3dB): 10 Hz – 200 kHz
• Power Consumption: MAX 13 W / 2.6A
• Weight 1.87 lbs / Dimensions 6.3(W)" x 4.6(D)" x 1.4(H)"