The “ZEN Signature Set MZ99” features both the ZEN DAC Signature V2, the upgraded version of the original ZEN DAC Signature, and the new ZEN CAN Signature MZ99. The ZEN CAN Signature MZ99 has a unique EQ curve that brings out the best in the Meze 99 headphones. With a custom ActivEQ setting, which is expertly tuned across the entire frequency response curve, there is potential to further enhance these already remarkable headphones. The ZEN Signature Set includes:
When used in tandem via their fully balanced input and output, the two ZEN Signature products make a fantastic desktop-sized headphone system for both digital and analog sources, delivering exceptional performance and versatility at a remarkable price.
This ZEN DAC Signature is a pure DAC and benefits from true-differential balanced circuit design to take performance to the next level. It has upgraded circuit components and short, direct signal paths for optimal signal purity. It delivers bit-perfect PCM (up to 32-bit/384kHz), native DSD (up to DSD256), DXD, and MQA.
There is a pair of RCA sockets for single-ended connection to an amp, plus a Pentaconn 4.4mm output. When connected to an amp or active speakers equipped with a balanced input – either a 4.4mm Pentaconn input, or stereo XLR inputs via a 4.4mm-to-XLR cable – the full benefit of the ZEN DAC Signature’s balanced circuit design can be heard.
The ZEN CAN Signature MZ99’s circuitry is a balanced and symmetrical dual-mono design. This is a topology which is usually only reserved for high-end headphone amps. However, in this case, there are a number of key elements that trickled down from the discrete Class A circuitry developed for iFi’s flagship headphone amplifier, the Pro iCAN. Key components have been upgraded to enhance performance in line with the improvements made to the ZEN CAN Signature MZ99, including the use of Panasonic OS-CON and Elna Silmic II capacitors.
Plus, it has four gain settings in six dB steps (0dB, 6dB, 12dB and 18db) via iFi's PowerMatch. This enables the amp to precisely suit the connected headphones. Unity gain (0dB) is useful to ensure low noise with sensitive in-ear monitors, while the higher gain settings make the most of tougher headphone loads, delivering excellent dynamic headroom.
The iFi 4.4mm to 4.4mm cable employs heavy OFHC continuous cast copper and silver matrix conductors with a total thickness of 14AWG for the best signal transfer. The cable construction is a custom helix design, minimized both in capacitance and inductance, minZ™. It also has intrinsic shielding provided by minZ™ helix construction. They protect the cable from RFI and EMI noise and provide the cleanest transfer medium possible. To further insulate the cable, iFi Audio adopted the RoHS compliant, an excellent dielectric property and super-soft (60P) HD polymer with 1500V AC spark resistance. It has been created to give you maximum quality balanced signal transfer and minimum interference.
• Bit-Perfect DSD & DXD DAC by Burr Brown
• USB 3.0 (2.0 compatible) with MQA support
• PCM sampling frequency up to 384kHz
• DSD sampling of 2.8/3.1/5.6/6.2/11.2/12.4MHz
• SNR: -117dB(A) @0dBFS / THD+N @ 0.0011% Line OUT
• Dynamic Range: -116dB(A)
• Power Consumption (No Signal) ~0.5W (Max Signal) ~2.5W with DC 5V in / 1.5W via USB
• Output Impedance (Line Out Bal/UnBal) 200Ohms / 100Ohms
• Dimensions (W)6.2" x (L)4.6" x (H)1.4" @ / Weight 1.65lbs
• SNR: 122dB(A) Balanced
• Total Harmonic Distortion (Balanced/Single-Ended): 0.0066% (BAL), 0.0058% (SE)
• Max Output Power 16 ohms: 3.0 V / 600 mW (BAL), 4.0 V / 1000 mW (SE)
• Maximum output power 300 ohms: 5.1 V / 756 mW (BAL), 7.6 V / 196 mW (SE)
• Max Output Power 600 0hms: 15.2 V / 385 mW (BAL), 7.6 V / 98 mW (SE)
• Output Impedance BAL/SE: <2 Ohms/<1 Ohms
• Frequency Response:(-3dB): 10 Hz – 200 kHz
• Power Consumption: MAX 13 W / 2.6A
• Weight 1.87 lbs / Dimensions 6.3(W)" x 4.6(D)" x 1.4(H)"