Beneath its classy exterior, the ZEN Stream is a technological streamer-de-force. It has one purpose – to send music from the Internet to your DAC with no loss of quality. True hi-res performance of PCM384/DSD256 via WiFi/LAN. Just add your smart device as a remote and away you go. Optimised open-source architecture – works with multiple dedicated platforms, completely and perfectly future-proofed as it is constantly updated. Ease of use + audiophile implementation. It is the bee’s knees of Streamers.
ZEN Stream is a true ground-up design by iFi — the hardware and software implementation is quite exceptional:
These are some of the factors behind why the ZEN Stream is at the cutting-edge handling PCM384/DSD256 on LAN and WiFi (802.11n, with 100Mbps on 5Ghz).
The ZEN Stream has one of the most fully-optimised software platforms in the world. From the device’s drivers, to the kernel (the heart of the operating system), to the shell (which interfaces with the kernel), to the applications and the user interface — everything is fully optimised for seamless operation and excellent sonic performance. An ingenious part of the ZEN Stream’s design is the ability to select between ‘Exclusive’ modes – individual settings dedicated to specific modes of operation to deliver the purest possible performance. All other programs are shut down – to minimise ‘software jitter’ — an often overlooked aspect that negatively impacts the quality of computer audio playback.
These modes ensure that the ZEN Stream is not merely a ‘jack of all trades’, but a master of all too.
• iFi ZEN Stream
• Ethernet cable
• Plastic screwdriver
• Power adapter
• Instruction card, User manual and 12 month factory warrantyInput / Output
• Wi-Fi / Ethernet / USB HDD
• USB3.0 (Type-A Socket) 1 in, 1 out
• SPDIF Output (Coaxial)
• Input voltage: DC 9V/1.8A-15V/0.8A - AC 100 -240V, 50/60Hz
• Powerful 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex microprocessor
• Active Noise Cancellation II and iPurifier technologies for USB and S/PDIF interfaces respectively
• USB and S/PDIF interfaces regulated by femto-precision GMT clock to eradicate jitter
• High-PSRR, low idle current, low-dropout voltage regulators with soft start
• Power Consumption No Signal ~6W / Max Signal ~10W
• Dimensions (W)6.2" x (L)3.9" x (H)1.4"
• Weight 1.14lbs