● New high-end vacuum tube driver with high output GT tube “6SN7”
“6SN7” GT tube has been adopted in the second stage of the vacuum tube system, while custom-made low-noise dual FET is employed in the first stage. The vacuum tube 6SN7 that has become the original form of 6FQ7 realizes simple and powerful performance. The hybrid type driver has adopted the high-quality non-inductive winding resistor from VISHAY Co. as a load resistance. The clear and high slew-rate vacuum tube sound has been improved further to polish up warm and spacious reproduction.
● GT tube “6SN7” that realizes highly transparent sound.
● Non-inductive winding resistor with least inductance made by VISHAY Co.
● Strictly selected pair-matched special FET.
● High-definition film capacitor made by German WIMA is used.
● Level control switch that can bypass the volume of the unit.
● As with SRM-T8000,a shield case is used for the volume device.
● RCA and XLR inputs are switchable. RCA input supports parallel out.
● The newly developed large-sized aluminum insulator combined with new vibration-proof material and high frictional coefficient (grip power) has been employed. The friction power is so high that you almost need not hold the unit when inserting the plug of your earspeaker.
● Type: FET input + vacuum tube output hybrid DC amplification driver unit
● Vacuum tube: 6SN7
● Frequency response: DC – 100kHz (with one SR-009S)
● Gain: 60dB
● Harmonic distortion: 0.01% or less (1kHz/100Vrms output)
● Input impedance: 50kΩ (RCA), 50kΩx 2 (XLR)
● Maximum output voltage: 340Vrms (1kHz)
● Bias voltage: PRO 580V
● Operating temperature / humidity: 0 to 35 degrees C / less than 90% (non condensing)
● Input terminal: RCA x 1, XLR x 1
● Output: RCA parallel output terminal
● Power consumption: 54W
● Dimension: 240 W x 103 H x 393 D mm (maximum protruding portion included)
● Weight: 5.7kg
STAX produce exclusively electrostatic headphones, or “earspeakers” as they call them, in Japan, since 1938. STAX chose the electrostatic technology for its ability to produce transparent sound, and low weight for comfort/ergonomics, both due to the driver design not employing fixed magnets and moving coils, as opposed to other common headphone driver designs. The minimal weight of the driver ensures a very quick response to the signal, creating a more faithful sound reproduction.