The SRM-T8000 sets a new standard for STAX's amplifiers. It boasts a more open, dynamic sound than the SRM-727II or SRM-007tII when paired with the power hungry SR-009 and SR-007MK2. The look and feel is classic STAX. For those looking to keep with STAX branded amplifiers only, there is no better choice.
SRM-T8000 is Stax’s latest flagship electrostatic headphone amplifier utilizing hybrid technology. It employs two 6922 in the input stage, driving a Class-A solid-state output stage. The vacuum tubes isolated in a separate section made of vibration-proof damper and shield cover to eliminate vibration and noise. The high-capacity large toroidal transformers and selected high-quality parts allow the highest refinement in sound.
● Frequency response: 1Hz – 115kHz / when used with one earspeaker
● Gain: 60dB (x1000)
● Harmonic distortion: 0.01% /1kHz
● Input terminal: LINE1/LINE2 (RCA), LINE3 (XLR), LINE4 (optional input for future)
● Rated input level: 100mV (at 100V output)
● Input impedance: 50kΩ (RCA) / 50kΩx 2 (XLR)
● Maximum output voltage: 470Vrms (1330V p-p)
● Mains voltage: AC120V/60Hz
● Power consumption: 95W
● Operating temperature: 0 to 35 degrees C (less than 90% humidity, non condensing)
● Dimension: 320 (W) x103 (H) x395 (D) mm (protruding portion included)
● Weight: 7.3kg
STAX produce exclusively electrostatic headphones, or “earspeakers” as they call them, in Japan, since 1938. STAX chose the electrostatic technology for its ability to produce transparent sound, and low weight for comfort/ergonomics, both due to the driver design not employing fixed magnets and moving coils, as opposed to other common headphone driver designs. The minimal weight of the driver ensures a very quick response to the signal, creating a more faithful sound reproduction.