….a fantastic desktop-sized headphone system for both digital and analogue sources. The ZEN Signature Set includes;
When used in tandem via fully their balanced input and output the two ZEN Signatures products make a fantastic desktop-sized headphone system for both digital and analogue sources delivering exceptional performance and versatility at a remarkable price.
This ZEN DAC Signature is a pure DAC and benefits from true-differential balanced circuit design to take performance to the next level. It has upgraded circuit components and short, direct signal paths for optimal signal purity. It delivers bit-perfect PCM (up to 32-bit/384kHz), native DSD (up to DSD256), DXD and MQA.
There is a pair of RCA sockets for single-ended connection to an amp, plus a Pentaconn 4.4mm output. When connected to an amp or active speakers equipped with a balanced input – either a 4.4mm Pentaconn input, or stereo XLR inputs via a 4.4mm-to-XLR cable – the full benefit of the ZEN DAC Signature’s balanced circuit design can be heard.
The ZEN CAN Signature 6XX improves the sound quality of the original ZEN CAN and adds something special – a custom EQ setting called ActivEQ. It combines active and passive components to create a specific EQ curve to suit the ‘MassDrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX’ headphones. This can be switched off to make the most of all manner of headphones and in-ear monitors. It also features XSpace – an analogue processing mode which compensates for the ‘in-head localisation’ effect that can occur when using headphones to listen to music that was mixed using a pair of speakers.
The ZEN CAN Signature 6XX’s circuitry is a balanced, symmetrical dual-mono design. It delivers 1600mW (7.2V) into 32 ohms from the single-ended output, with 15V+ available to loads of 300 ohms or more through the balanced output. It features four gain settings in six dB steps – 0dB, 6dB, 12dB and 18db and offers stereo RCA and 3.5mm single-ended inputs, plus a balanced 4.4mm Pentaconn input. A 4.4mm balanced output is also provided. It has a 6.3mm output for headphones that have a standard single-ended connector and a 4.4mm Pentaconn balanced output for headphones offering balanced connection.
The iFi 4.4mm to 4.4mm cable employs heavy OFHC continuous cast copper and silver matrix conductors with a total thickness of 14AWG for the best signal transfer. The cable construction is a custom helix design, minimized both in capacitance and inductance, minZ™. It also has intrinsic shielding provided by minZ™ helix construction. They protect the cable from RFI and EMI noise and provide the cleanest transfer medium possible. To further insulate the cable, we adopted the RoHS compliant, excellent dielectric property and super-soft (60P) HD polymer with 1500V AC spark resistance.It has been created to give you maximum quality balanced signal transfer and minimum interference.
• Bit-Perfect DSD & DXD DAC by Burr Brown
• USB 3.0 (2.0 Compatible) with MQA Support
• PCM sampling frequency up to 384kHz
• DSD Sampling of 2.8/3.1/5.6/6.2/11.2/12.4MHz
• SNR: -117dB(A) @0dBFS / THD+N @ 0.0011% Line OUT
• Dynamic Range: -116dB(A)
• Power Consumption (No Signal) ~0.5W (Max Signal) ~2.5W with DC 5V in / 1.5W via USB
• Output Impedance (Line Out Bal/UnBal) 200Ohms / 100Ohms
• Dimensions (W)6.2" x (L)4.6" x (H)1.4" @ / Weight 1.65lbs
• SNR: 122dB(A) Balanced
• Total Harmonic Distortion (Balanced/Single-Ended): 0.0066% (BAL), 0.0058% (SE)
• Max Output Power 16 ohms: 3.0 V / 600 mW (BAL), 4.0 V / 1000 mW (SE)
• Maximum output power 300 ohms: 5.1 V / 756 mW (BAL), 7.6 V / 196 mW (SE)
• Max Output Power 600 0hms: 15.2 V / 385 mW (BAL), 7.6 V / 98 mW (SE)
• Output Impedance BAL/SE: <2 Ohms/<1 Ohms
• Frequency Response:(-3dB): 10 Hz – 200 kHz
• Power Consumption: MAX 13 W / 2.6A
• Weight 1.87 lbs / Dimensions 6.3(W)" x 4.6(D)" x 1.4(H)"