Cascade is a culmination of a 3-year engineering effort to bring the Campfire Audio signature sound to a headphone.
The results of that effort is Cascade, a portable, closed-back headphone that sounds and performs like it’s open. Even better; it has the unique sound you expect from a Campfire Audio headphone. Cascade is the headphone that the Campfire Audio team wanted for themselves while traveling. It folds up to a compact size and features an isolated closed-back design. Best of all it sounds excellent with your portable device and scales with ease in your home set-up.
Cascade delivers exceptional musicality and openness. It has a soundstage that expands well beyond the listening space. It possesses sonic traits not found in typical closed-back headphone designs. Specially crafted custom drivers are at the heart of Cascade. Powerful and impactful sound with excellent speed and micro-detail retrieval. Superior highs extend over precise and controlled bass notes.
Creating a portable audiophile headphone requires using materials that are up for the job. Lightweight forged and machined aluminum cups paired with stainless steel components. This provides added strength in the places where you need it most. The headband, joints, and pivot are all made of stainless steel. This makes the traditionally weakest parts of a headphone the strongest. The cups and hanger arms are aluminum; cast and then machined to reduce weight. With premium sheepskin ear pads that are not only comfortable but provide excellent isolation. Listen to your favorite track on the bus without disturbing your fellow passengers. Escape office boredom without complaints.
Designed with portable use in mind, Cascade is a durable headphone for use at home and on the go. The more you listen, the more you’ll find you’ll want to keep it with you, where ever that might be. Cascade has excellent high-frequency extension with cymbals that sparkle and expand on a wide soundstage, the mids are clear and uncolored along a bass response that is rich in texture and well defined. All qualities you won’t find in a typical closed-back design.
• Campfire Audio Cascade Closed Back Dynamic Headphone
• Campfire Audio Zipper Headphone Case
• Campfire Audio Litz Cable with Cloth Jacket; Silver Plated Copper Conductors with Circular Push-Pull Connectors and 3.5mm Stereo Plug
• Sheep Leather Detachable Headphone Pads
• Campfire Audio Tuning Inserts
• User Manual
• 42 mm Beryllium PVD diaphragm dynamic driver
• 5Hz–33 kHz Frequency Response (attn -26dB)
• 100 dB SPL/mW Sensitivity
• 38 Ohms @ 1kHz ImpedanceChassis
• Circular ‘Push-Pull’ Connections
• Steel headband, pivot and joints
• Cast + Machined Aluminum Cup and Hanger Arms
• Earpad Dimensions Outside OD approx – 2.75-inch wide x 4 inch tall
• Inside ID is approx – 1.5 inch wide x 2.5 inch
• 13.5 oz (without cable) or approximately 383 g
Campfire Audio has focused on building high end in-ear monitors and headphones since 2015. Campfire was created in Oregon by Ken Ball, the audio expert behind ALO Audio. Campfire builds their products to feature in-house developed technologies like Tuned Acoustic Expansion Chamber (T.A.E.C.), Beryllium Copper MMCX connections, and CeraKote™. Campfire products are designed for durability, fidelity, and fun!