Improve the quality of your everyday audio with the ZEN Air DAC. DAC stands for Digital-to-Analog converter. In a nutshell, a DAC converts the digital info in your source device – your computer, game console, tablet, or smartphone – to music that we can hear through speakers or headphones. Every device that is a source of digital sound has a built-in DAC. External DACs sound much better that the standard DACs used inside these devices.
The ZEN Air DAC outputs very hi-res (high resolution) quality audio. This is much better than the standard audio that you would get from just using your computer, game console, tablet, or smartphone. Imagine the difference in quality from a standard TV to a 4K Ultra HD TV — but in sound! This is the difference an external DAC makes to your music. Once you hear it, you’ll be converted (not just your audio)!
The ZEN Air DAC supports different file formats – PCM 32bit/384kHz, fully native DSD256, and MQA.
The ZEN Air DAC also sports a couple of unique sonic tweaks from iFi. PowerMatch adjusts the gain of the ZEN Air DAC so that it functions at the right level for your headphones. Gain is just a unit of measurement that indicates how loud an audio source is and is measured in decibels (dB). XBass+ allows you to tailor the bass to suit your headphones and your personal taste. Both are designed to improve and personalize your listening experience.
Most DACs still use digital volume control – this is analog. What does this mean? When you reduce the volume on other DACs, you remove data from the song or soundtrack. With analog volume control, you reduce the volume whilst maintaining the quality. Put simply, the ZEN Air DAC is an easy way to experience super clear, hi-res audio quality in your everyday listening.
Sift through the noise, breathe in the Air.
• iFi ZEN Air DAC
• USB Audio Cable
• USB to DC Power Cable
• 12-month factory warrantyInput / Output
• USB 2.0 B socket with MQA support
• PCM sampling frequency up to 384kHz
• DSD sampling of 2.8/3.1/5.6/6.2/11.2/12.4MHz
• Single ended stereo RCA (Line Out) 1V / 3.3V max.
• 1/4" headphone out 3.3V max. (variable)
• Bit-Perfect DSD & DXD DAC by Burr Brown with MQA Support
• SNR: -113dB(A) @0dBFS / THD+N @ 0.04% Line OUT
• Dynamic Range: >113dB(A)
• Power Consumption: 2.5W(max) via USB
• Output Power: 1/4" SE Out = 280mW @32ohms / 36mW @600ohms
• Weight ~0.97lbs / Dimensions (W)6.2" x (L)4.6" x (H)1.4"Compatible Operating Systems
• iOS & Mac via Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
• Windows via USB or Android via USB OTG Cable